Episode II: What is a "Moment" in the student journey, and how can I use them to improve my enrollment funnel?
A "moment" in the student journey is a way to talk about key inflection points in a prospective student's journey. Students have questions about what program is best for them, how they will pay for their education, and can I get in?
This episode will give you the tools you need to think through what key moments exist in your student journey and how to leverage them to increase form submissions.
Need the TL;DR (or TL;DWatch) Version of this Episode?
- Understanding a moment. One of the best ways to understand a moment is by taking a look at one of the largest companies in the world, Google. Google performs 63,000 searches per second (that is 2 trillion searches per day).
- Why do people flock to Google? It is because they perfectly match the moment the individual is in. For example, if you were to search for spark plugs, Google would not give you results for new tires or oil. They would provide the most relevant and helpful results by giving you exactly what you need in the moment you are looking for it. We can apply this same principle to higher ed recruitment.
- Students are searching for specific things when they visit your website. In a recent survey conducted with 3000 graduate students, we were able to identify the top 3 questions and concerns students have when visiting a school website.
1. Will this program get me where I want to go?
2. Do I qualify for admission?
3. How much does it cost, and how will I pay for it?
Just like Google delivers helpful and relevant content based on a person's moment of interest, you can provide the same.
- How can I implement targeting moments on my website? Instead of relying on weak calls to action like "Apply Now" and "Learn More," you can adjust your website to meet the moments of visiting students. One of the most effective ways to do this is by implementing CRO software on different parts of your site.
If you want expert help and access to CRO software built specifically for Higher Education Enrollment Marketers then book a time with one of our CRO Consultants OR sign up for a Free 30 Day Trial today!